STEP relies on donations and sponsorship's from OUR community so that we can help OUR friends and neighbors in need. You can play a role in helping us continue this good and necessary work. You can make a difference!
Ways to Give
A donation by cash or check
A donation of appreciated stock or property
Sponsorship of a program or special event
A gift in memory of a loved one
Planned giving with a bequest, charitable trust, or by naming STEP as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, contributions to STEP are tax-deductable.
You can even designate the program that you would like to support. For example…
• If you are concerned about our children, you might consider supporting the Head Start or Early Head Start
• If you are concerned about our veterans or homelessness consider supporting the Homeless Housing Program
• If you enjoy helping senior citizens, you consider supporting the Senior Meals Program
• If you would like to help the environment while you help friends and neighbors in need consider supporting the Project Discovery Program
• If you just want to help support STEP
Need an easy way to help STEP?
Do you know that each time you shop at Kroger, Office Depot or Amazon you could be supporting STEP? Just register STEP as your charity of choice and every time you shop they will share some cash with us! It costs you nothing but a minute to register. Learn how.
Planned or Estate Giving
Neighborhood Assistance Program Tax Credits (NAP)
This exciting program allows for higher tax deductions when donations are made to nonprofit organizations who primarily serve the impoverished. STEP frequently receives a limited number of these credits which we are pleased to share with our most generous donors.
Individuals may donate cash or marketable securities for which they may receive up to a 65% state tax credit on the value of their contribution.
Business contributions may be in the form of cash, goods, stock, real state, professional services, contracting services and rent or lease of the participating nonprofits' facilities.
As an example:
$5,000 donation X .65 = $3,250 tax credit, or
$10,000 donation X .65 = $6,500 tax credit
*Minimum individual/married couple donations must be at least $500.